One of the most exciting parts of the work we do here in our Park City, UT, office includes getting to be on the cutting edge of the latest developments in oral health and cosmetic dentistry. For instance, the days of having to wear ill-fitting, uncomfortable, or embarrassing dentures are long gone. Now, more and more patients are asking for dental implants as the preferred permanent and convenient choice.
What is a Dental Implant?
With dental implants, very small, metal screws are anchored into your jaw bone. These screws become a stable, artificial root system for your new tooth or teeth. This is a major dental procedure, which typically has to be performed over a series of visits that stretch across several months. But the results can be life-changing, and the benefits over traditional dentures are clear:
- You can eat whatever you want and chat to your heart’s content—your teeth will not move around in your mouth or become loose.
- You can brush your teeth as normal—no need to take them out to clean them or soak them overnight.
- When you care well for your implants, they can last the rest of your life.
- You can pick if your new tooth or teeth are fixed or removable.
- The new teeth are not anchored to your existing teeth, which is better for their long-term health and resiliency.
Depending on your particular case and the condition of your jaw, the dentist may recommend bone grafting. We will be able to determine this after removing your damaged tooth or teeth and examining your jaw. If it is needed, we will take bone from another part of your body and graft it into your existing jawbone. Over time, the bone will fuse together and become one solid foundation for the implant.
We invite you to reach out today to our professional team in our Park City, UT, office. They can set up a consultation appointment that is at a time that is convenient for you. Together, you can determine what choice is best for you and examine what the dental implant process could look like for you.